COME 361 - Operating Systems
||Ch1 - Computer System Overview (pptx)
||Ch2 - Operating System Overview (pptx)
||Ch 3 - Process Description and Control (pptx)
||Ch 4 - Threads (pptx)
||Ch 5 - Concurrency: Mutual Exclusion and Synchronization (pptx)
||Ch 6 - Concurrency: Deadlock and Starvation (pptx)
Ch 7 - Memory Management (pptx)
Ch 8 - Virtual Memory (pptx)
Ch 9 - Uniprocessor Scheduling (pptx)
The Rise of "Worse is Better"
- Dennis M. Ritchie and Ken
Thompson, "The UNIX Timesharing System,"
Communications of the ACM, Vol. 17, No. 7, July 1974.
Why Threads Are A Bad Idea
- Why Events Are A Bad Idea
- Multicore microprocessors and embedded multicore SOCs have very different needs
- Enhancing Operating System Support for Multicore
Processors by Using Hardware Performance Monitoring (pdf)
- Multi-Core Programming (pdf)
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) (HTML)
- Hyper-Threading Technology (pdf)
- Keith Adams and Ole Agesen. A
comparison of software and hardware techniques for x86 virtualization. In
Proc. 12th Int'l Conf.
Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems,
San Jose, California, USA, October 2006.
Resource Management in VMware ESX Server
operating system (HTML)
- CASE STUDY 3: SYMBIAN OS (PDF)
- Embedded Operating Systems - Chapter 13 from textbook (PPTX)
- Cloud computing (HTML)
Dispelling the vaporaround cloud computing - IBM (pdf)
Cloud Computing at a Higher Level - SUN (pdf)
Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud Architecture - UBUNTU (pdf)
Introducing Windows Azure - MICROSOFT (pdf)
- Google File System (html)
Introduction to Parallel Programming and MapReduce (html)